|Hours: 8.00am to 4.00pm (with 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Wednesday to Friday
We are delighted to advertise an excellent opportunity to join our professional support team for an enthusiastic part-time Science Support Technician at our highly successful College from September 2019. The post, for 22.5 hours per week, is term-time only. The successful candidate will provide a technical support service to the Science department, having experience in providing classroom support including the preparation of materials and equipment, and assisting with practical lessons.
About the role:
* Actual annual salary £9,830
* Working pattern 8am to 4pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break, Wednesday to Friday
* Previous experience of a similar role desirable
* Grade C/4 in Maths & English and excellent communication/administrative skills are essential
* Applications from all faiths, and none, are equally welcome
* Closing date: noon Friday 23rd August 2019
* Interviews will be held on Wednesday 11th September 2019
* Painsley is a thriving and over-subscribed 11-18 Catholic College with 1320 students on roll.
* We have outstanding 2018 GCSE results-92% of students achieved the new standard pass in English and 88% in Maths. Painsley is ranked in the top 56 performing schools in the country.
* Progress 8 well above average +0.52.
* We are a Specialist Science, Maths & Computing College, a Teaching School and Maths Hub.
* We are located in the market town of Cheadle in a semi-rural setting.
* We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment
Informal enquiries and further details from the HR team on 01538 714944 or HR@painsley.staffs.sch.uk. All applications should be returned to HR.