|Teacher of RE (and some general KS3 Humanities)
Required for January 2020 or sooner if available
Full time, permanent post.
Sir Graham Balfour Main Scale (actual salary £23,720 - £34,324) pay award pending
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher of Religious Education in the main, but with some KS3 History, to join our very successful Humanities Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed.
The faculty is at an exciting point in its development, with significant numbers of students opting for Humanities subjects at GCSE and A Level. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, able professional to join the Faculty in its continuing development.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
* A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
* An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
* A very positive climate for learning.
* A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
* Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
* A commitment to inclusive practice.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
Further details including the application form are available from the school website: www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.jobsonline.stoke.gov.uk and www.wmjobs.co.uk websites. For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher's PA, on email@example.com or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30 pm on Friday 6th September 2019.