|Temporary until 31/12/2019 initially
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, calm and caring Special Educational Needs Support Worker who understands children's individual complex needs and behaviours.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as directed by the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils' responses.
- Providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
- Support the teacher in recording pupil progress/activities.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lesson/activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems.
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents/carers, internal and external agencies.
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils.
- Work with pupils on therapy or care programmes, designed and supervised by a therapist.
- Attend to pupils' personal needs including toileting, hygiene, dressing and eating, as well as help with social, welfare and health matters. Physically assist pupils in activities (may involve short periods of lifting)
- To act as key worker to named pupil.
- Update pupil records.
- Supervise individuals and groups of pupils throughout the day.
- Assist with break-time supervision including facilitating activities.
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
- Support pupils in using basic ICT.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
The candidate must have achieved level 4 GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- The chance to work with staff who are friendly, skilled, willing to learn and love their jobs.
- Enthusiastic, happy children.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange an appointment, please contact the School Office.