|Salary: £16,863 per annum FTE
Start Date: September 2019
Contract Type: 20 hours, Part-time, Permanent (Working hours to be agreed)
John of Rolleston Primary School has almost 400 pupils over two sites, which are based in the historic village of Rolleston on Dove near Burton upon Trent. We are one of the founding schools of the Central Learning Co-operative Trust.
We are a supportive team of staff and Governors, who are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic Site Technician, who has the ability to provide high quality caretaking support, ensuring that the sites are well maintained. Our ideal candidate will have a 'can do' attitude, able to plan and organise your time to ensure the continued smooth running of the school sites, having a passion for and enjoy DIY, painting and refurbishment. You must value the school as you do your own home, aspiring to have the very best school building and site for our school family.
It is expected that you will:
- have experience of site maintenance or similar experience;
- be responsible for the general maintenance of the buildings, which may include basic joinery, plumbing, decoration and minor repairs;
- deal with health and safety issues in and around the buildings, along with general site issues, such as clearing drains, gritting, disposal of rubbish, etc,
- be responsible for checking and recording details relating to emergency lighting, fire alarm systems, etc;
- liaise with external contractors on site, where necessary and
- act as key holder.
If this sounds like the sort of work that you can do, then please send in an application form to apply or call us if you would like any further information.
Job application details are available on the website (both electronic and hard copies are accepted).
Closing date: 16 July 2019
Interview date: 19 July 2019