|This position requires a graduate, ideally with or expected to achieve a 2:1 degree and with the necessary skills, and personal attributes who will be able to make a positive contribution within the City Council's Highways Traffic Team. Any appointment would be subject to obtaining this qualification
This post will assist the Council's Traffic Management Officer in ensuring the City Council's road network is both safe and improves the way in which traffic moves around the city. This will involve reviews of known traffic issues as well as dealing with queries from all key stakeholders including Councillors, residents, businesses, key stakeholders such as Bus and Taxi operators, neighbouring Council's as well as facilitating internal capital highway and transport projects.
No previous experience is necessary and training will be provided in developing the right candidate into the role.
Key duties will include:-
* The investigation, assessment, development and implementation of a wide range of traffic management schemes
* The monitoring of traffic conditions on the highway network and identify causes of congestion, safety and related environmental problems.
* The design, project management and implementation of small highway improvement schemes.
* Identifying modern, innovative and practical solutions to traffic engineering problems, with a focus on sustainability and 'whole life' costs.
* The development and monitoring of project programmes & costs as required.
Job share and part time applications are welcome!