|We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, calm and caring Early Years Practitioner who understands children's individual complex needs and behaviours.
Temporary until 01/07/2020 to cover Maternity Leave
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as directed by the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils' responses.
- Providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
- Support the teacher in recording pupil progress/activities.
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lesson/activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher.
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents/carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate.
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils.
- Work with pupils on therapy or care programmes, designed and supervised by a therapist.
- Attend to pupils' personal needs including toileting, hygiene, dressing and eating, as well as help with social, welfare and health matters, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate. Physically assist pupils in activities (may involve short periods of lifting, where mobility is an issue).
- Update pupil records.
- Supervise individuals and groups of pupils throughout the day.
- Assist with break-time supervision including facilitating games and activities.
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
- Support pupils in using basic ICT.
The candidate must have achieved level 4 GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- The chance to work with staff who are friendly, skilled, willing to learn and love their jobs.
- Enthusiastic, happy children.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the School Office on 01782 234950 or email email@example.com