|Temporary Teacher of GCSE Philosophy and Ethics and lower school Geography or History
Full time, temporary post to cover maternity leave
Sir Graham Balfour Main Scale £23,720 - £34,324
Required from September 2019 to approx end April 2020
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic teacher GCSE Philosophy and Ethics and lower school Geography or History to join our very successful Humanities Faculty. The successful candidate will have a firm commitment to raising whole-school achievement; have a professional approach to staff development; high expectations; and a determination to succeed.
The faculty is at an exciting point in its development, with significant numbers of students opting for Humanities subjects at GCSE and A Level. We are looking to appoint a forward thinking, able professional to join the Faculty in its continuing development.
At Sir Graham Balfour we offer:
* A friendly, well-motivated staff, who embrace willingly a culture of professional development.
* An ever growing reputation in the local community which has resulted in the school being consistently oversubscribed in an area where student rolls are falling.
* A very positive climate for learning.
* A first rate learning environment. We are housed in buildings completed in 2002 and financed via a PFI initiative.
* Innovative 14-19 collaboration and an increasing roll at KS5.
* A commitment to inclusive practice.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Vicki McKeen (details below).
For an application pack, please access our website, www.sirgrahambalfour.co.uk, www.tes.com or contact Mrs Vicki McKeen, Headteacher's PA, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01785 223490.
The closing date for applications is: 1.30pm on Friday 17th May 2019. Please return completed applications to email@example.com