|Due to the creation of the Deputy Headteacher post here at St. Maria Goretti Catholic Academy, the Governing Body are seeking to appoint a strongly motivated individual, who with the Headteacher, will inspire all staff to drive high aspirations for all children in our care.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a practising Catholic with a strong personal faith and a deep commitment to the ethos and vision of Catholic education and knows what it means to be inspired by the Holy Spirit guided by the teachings of Christ;
- is an excellent teacher who loves learning; has a successful track record of teaching across the primary age range; is focused on improving outcomes for all pupils; collaborates as part of a team to build a learning community of teachers; strives to provide an excellent, well-rounded and successful primary school experience, full of memories and exciting learning that the pupils will take with them through life.
- is able to establish creative, responsive, and effective approaches to learning and teaching
- is able to establish effect links with parents, parish and wider community to improve and enhance the curriculum and furthering the Catholic nature, purpose and aims of the school.
- is able to challenge underperformance at all levels, ensuring effective and corrective action and follow up .
In return, we can offer:
- Children who love coming to school, are engaged in their learning and have excellent behaviour
- the opportunity to work with the Headteacher in developing a dedicated and enthusiastic staff team who are committed to enabling all pupils to achieve;
- an exciting opportunity to join a highly effective Multi Academy Collegiate, with excellent opportunities across our family of schools and with the PTSA Teaching School.
- supportive parents who are proud of the achievements
- a governing body that is highly committed and supportive of the school and the headteacher.