|We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, calm and caring Special Educational Needs Support Worker who understands children's individual complex needs and behaviours.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as directed by the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils' responses as appropriate.
- Providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
- Support the teacher in recording pupil progress/activities.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lesson/activities under the direction of the teacher.
- Support pupils in social and emotional well--being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate.
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents/carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate.
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils as required.
- Work with pupils on therapy or care programmes, designed and supervised by a therapist.
- Attend to pupils' personal needs.
- To act as key worker to named pupil.
- Update pupil records.
- Supervise individuals and groups of pupils throughout the day, including supervision in the classroom, playground and dining areas.
- Assist with break-time supervision including facilitating games and activities.
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits.
- Support pupils in using basic ICT.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
The candidate must have achieved level 4 GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- The chance to work with staff who are friendly, skilled, willing to learn and love their jobs.
- Enthusiastic, happy children.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, if you would like to arrange an appointment, please contact the School Office on 01782 234950 or email email@example.com